Valedictorian Speech: This category is open to any of the Valedictorians who wish to address the Senior Class and Guests at Graduation. By Audition.
Student Speech: This category is open to any senior who wishes to address the Senior Class and Guests at Graduation. By Audition.
Student Leader Speech: This category is open to any senior who currently holds an elected leadership position in ASB, a club, or a student organization and who wishes to address the Senior Class and Guests at Graduation. By Audition
Student Creative Expression: This is a category open to any senior who wishes to present their thoughts and reflections in the form of poetry, music, or some other creative form of communication. There is limited space on the stage, so dance may be difficult to stage (consider, over 140 people on stage, in seats and on risers….). Musicians will need to be highly mobile – an acoustic set is more realistic than a full band due to space restraints. We should be able to utilize the piano on stage, should that be necessary. By Audition
Singing the National Anthem: This honor is open to any senior who would like to open the Graduation by singing the “Star Spangled Banner”. It can be acapella or with track, or a limited amount of live instrumentation. By Audition
Graduation Speech Parameters
If you would like to speak, present, or sing during the graduation ceremony, there are some things you need to understand:
- You must be a student in good academic standing
- You must audition in front of a panel of judges on May 24
- Your speech/expression/song must be no more than 4 minutes in length (you WILL be timed)
- You must NOT include profanity or bashing of the school, teachers, or facilities
- You must sIgn up with Mrs. Davis for an audition during the time allotted.
- You must be willing to give Mrs. Davis a copy of your speech/lyrics/background audiovisuals at your audition and prior to graduation. Your speech will be printed out and put in the Graduation Program Binder.
- You must be willing to edit your speech/presentation with Mrs. Davis (or another teacher/staff member)
- Vocalists must audition for the National Anthem.